Programs & Services
All services are confidential. We follow a Trauma Informed Care model to empower co-victims of homicide to meet their self-identified goals of healing.
Healing Pathway has four key areas of programming
- Case Management
- Education Advocacy
- Trauma Informed Care Trained Mentors
- Victim Advocacy
Case managers are trained professionals that monitor program participants, ensuring that they are receiving services without interruption. Case managers provide the following.
- Ongoing modeling of professional development
- Encourages and models soft skills
- Encourages child to focus on future and positive social exposures
- Participates in monthly activity that is used to support a child exposed to trauma
- Mentors are trained in trauma informed care
- Court support
- Provide partnership and communication with key city and state victim advocates
- Assist child and family with key dates and reviewing barriers that may impact a successful legal process, such as transportation, understanding documentation, completing forms, etc.
- Educational Advocacy
- Mental and physical health referrals
- Review of treatment barriers and create ways to minimize or eliminate them
- Community referrals
- Serves as a liaison with victim advocacy
- Healing Pathway will link families to literacy and tutoring programs throughout the metro area.